Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Cure for gout

After having gout for the past five years I would be interested to know if there is a cure for gout. When I had my first attack I had a sneaky suspicion that it was gout as my grandpa suffered form gout. So in my case it might be heritary as I am still in my thirties.

For those of you who don't know what is gout, it is a form of arthritis caused by high levels of uric acid in the blood. The uric acid form crystals in the joints causing swelling and pain. The most common place for gout is in the joint of the big toe. I have had gout in the big toe of both my feet. It's just as well I haven't had gout in both feet at the same time otherwise I wouldn't be able to move around. Having gout in one foot will see me limping along like a cripple.

The worst place I have had gout was in the ankle this I when I realy wished there was a cure for gout. The swelling was bad and I was in excruciating pain. Even though in pain I still went to work. People thought I had sprained my ankle.

My gout had progressed to a stage where I could feel gout attack coming every week. I would take medication but that was no cure for gout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found a great website about gout
WWW.SQUIDOO.COM/HOW-TO-CURE-GOUT